Member meeting 2/18/2017

From Makerspace Mobile Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Proposed agenda for General Member Meeting to be held 2/18/2017 11am at Moe's Southwest Grill

Officer reports

What have you accomplished over the last month, what are you going to do next, are there any roadblocks/risks. President - Worked on management software. See the slack channel for details.Need to gear up for Pi Day. Locks will be changed soon, so expect new keys.

Vice President - Need to start planning Pi Day planning. Needs projects. March 11th 10:30am - 12:30pm. Rick Green will be there with Raspberry Pi projects. Would be good to have Russell the drone guy. Elise will be there with virtual reality setup. Need power strips. Working on the metal working table with Matthew - have a dust collection system in progress.

Secretary - Filled out the 1023EZ form for the 501C3.

Treasurer - 2197.35 ending balance. Current 2613.61. Budget 740.67 including 501c3. Current operating balance of 1936.61.

Marketing -

Membership - 6 Full 2 community members paid this month. Had 1 member come back - Ryan Zerlock, working on 3D printing.

Old Business

501c3 status update - work planned for after meeting

Shop inventory update (Rick). In progress. Put the outline on the shared drive. Josh has been working on this. Discussion on why to use it - insurance and tracking.

Doorbell update (Josh and Dana) - Dana is making replacement plate.

Pi Day (Josh) - Have details by March 4th. He will ask Lucy about details. Post our projects for Pi Day on the Slack channel.

New Business

New keys will be available soon. A new DVR was installed.

Events

March LODA ArtWalk - 3/10

Pi Day - March 11th 1030-1200

Startup Weekend 3/31-4/2

NOLA Maker Faire - 4/22

Next meeting: March 18th 11am at the Makerspace

Speed Networking - during the week at USA. Contact thomasnelson@southalabama.edu.

Start a Slack channel on our yearly open house event. Hope to schedule this before it gets too hot. Maybe April or May.