Meeting Opened at hh:mm by Rick Green (9/5/2020) Remote meeting via Jitsi https://meet.jit.si/SeparateRestraintsBrushBefore
Member Attendance: Rick, Barbara, Mobile Public Library (Mary, Zack, Brittanie)
What have you accomplished since the last meeting
- President -
- Friday night hosting. Also came in last Saturday to clean/organize.
- Continue to meet weekly with NoM via Zoom.
- Contacted Matt Anderson. He is bringing the Director of the Arts center for a tour this coming Wednesday (9/9 4:30pm)
- Preparing for Arduino workshop. Bought some extra Arduinos.
- Friday night numbers: 2 weeks ago, we had 12 people, including 3 visitors. Most Friday nights we had between 3 and 5.
- Vice President -
- test text
- Tuesday night numbers:
- Secretary - NA
- test text
- Treasurer -
- Gross income: $1174.90
- Gross expense: $2686.00
- Net income: -$1511.10
- Current Balance: $10672.87
- Operating expense – liabilities: $8358.60
- Financial report
- link here:
- Membership - NA
- Numbers report
- Associate: 1
- Full: 26
- Marketing - NA
- test text
- test text
Host and Volunteer reports
- Any issues ?
- Rough attendance numbers
- Movie night - projector and surround system is hooked up. Need some Bluray discs for movies, and a schedule.
- Membership drive - need to contact previous members. Who can do this? Barbara volunteered to make some phone calls to previous members.
- Funding ideas - Any updates on rotary clubs? No word yet on the grant submission.
- Equipment inventory needed - Bruce to look into a system for this using a web based program
- Previous meeting minutes here Member_meeting_8/8/2020
- Consideration for an advisory board for the Makerspace
- Future Events planning
- Please see and update this document here. Link (Covid ruined the schedule):
- Artwalk returns. Next one is next Friday 9/11/2020. Lets plan to attend with a table containing some 3D printed PPE, some laser cut items. Other suggestions?
- MPL is planning an outdoor movie theater.
- New equipment/supplies this month
- AnaJet has been removed by the owner
- One of the Prusa printers on loan from the Library has been returned to them due to high demand for printed models.
- Brian brought in 2 new spools of PLA.
- Progress is being made on the Radial arm saw
- 3 new Arduino Uno (clone) and 10 Arduino Mini (clone) added for upcoming Arduino class
- Equipment wish list
- Drill bits for metal
- Machine tool (Ray Lamb?) Needs a stand built. Working with Bruce on the stand.
- Welding equipment - Bruce has a Lincoln welder and will bring it in.
- Rick Baskin was going to contact Lincoln Electric.
- Foundry (Casting liquid metal) (Kat/Westley)
- Westley to bring in a Big Green Egg. Need some help getting it to the space. No gas burner - coal only.
- Forge (knife making, aluminum casting) (Kat/Westley)
- Ceramics/pottery - Westley is very interested.
- Need tongs, hammers, safety equipment (gloves, face shields) Westley has a crucible, firebrick, blower/ductwork, fuel(charcoal), consumables
- Kat will be in charge of safety and training of all metal working equipment
- Plumbing for air compressor (Rick Baskin)
- Duct-work for dust collector to woodworking equipment (Rick Baskin)
- Sand-blasting cabinet (Rick Baskin)
- Ductwork for downdraft sanding table - May be able to repurpose the one from the recalled sliding radial arm saw?
- In need of service/repair/parts
- Old MakerBot printer. The stepper cables between the motherboard and the extruders need replacing (at minimum).
- Wacom screen has died. Appears to be the backlight. Looking into a repair.
- Vacuum Forming machines in the closet - Update from Kat?
- AnaJet DTG was repaired and working, but the owner has removed it.
- Mini theater with surround sound is working. The screen is not physicality attached to the roll-up door, but to the slides.
- In progress
- Downdraft sanding tables being built by Westley Green
- Project Ideas
- Lego table
- Small airbrush station in clean room (using existing exhaust duct and blower)
- Growroom - https://space10.com/space10-open-sources-the-growroom/
- Potentially talk with HOA's about this in a common space in neighborhoods/apartments.
- Community garden on Dauphin street.
- Floating table/planter (tensegrity table) can be made from scrap wood(https://www.homemadetools.net/forum/floating-table-looks-like-magic-how-possible-part1-79914)
- 3D printed lithophanes from photographs. Rick has test printed one on the Z18.
- More Izzy Swan tables - Rick and Westley to consider building a new demo model, perhaps using it as a woodworking workshop.
- Magic Mirror (https://magicmirror.builders/)
- Workshop planning and ideas
- Plan to resume Arduino workshops
- Plan to resume 3D printing group. Robert Bean from Daphne is interested in getting it started (found on Meetup). Check with Bruce on a meeting room in Daphne.
- Simple woodwork shops. Bruce and Westley can give these woodworking shops.
- BEST robotics are going virtual this year. We may be able to participate in some of this through Brian Wright. Check with Flightworks.
- Next Meeting: October 3 11am at the Makerspace. 1 year open house.