Member meeting 9/23/2017
Meeting Opened at 11:10 by Rick Green (9/23/17)
Attendance: Rick Green Richard Harris Rachel Wright Julie Moffitt Matthew Hinton
What have you accomplished over the last month, what are you going to do next, are there any roadblocks/risks.
* Drone Racing Demo/Sign up event at St. Marks United Methodist. 10 teams have signed up for event. Kits are on order should be available in about 1 week. Teams will build kits with frame to learn to fly and then build their own frame for event. Makerspace will host logistics of race. Date will be 2 or 9. Rick will coordinate "working" times for each team. Logistics day off will need to be sorted out. Concessions? T-Shirts? Prizes? Marketing?
* Rick bought a giant clamp, and new fans for the Ro-Stock 3d Printer.
* Another laptop donated, have more coming due to computer upgrade at work
PLANS FOR NEXT MONTH: * Continue Drone racing planning
* Pallet Furniture Classes, Rick has a source for pallets. Need to test one to see about class.
Vice President -
* Working on wood working class (building boxes) Huge Success, planning to do class handout.
* Replaced Power supply in Laser Cutter computer, Josh has his in there currently, need to replace.
PLANS FOR NEXT MONTH:
* Plan wood working class to host in November
* Updated Google Drive folders and edited permissions * Need Word Press account (Rick will fix)
* Amazon Smile link is active, banners and links available for the website.
* Financial Update: (PUT IN LATER FROM EMAIL)
* QuestCon table purchased, table comes with 2 passes I purchased 4 extra passes for discounted rate of $50 for all 4. * Matt Hinton will be leading the convention team
* Need to purchase T-Shirts, will cost $10-$20 each, wanting to do Heather Gray with Black Logo on Front.
PLANS FOR NEXT MONTH: * Hootsuite - Julie recommended for multiple social media posting
* Marketing Plan (How to Market as a member... for cons and lab nights)
* 6 assoc (1 new), 11 full members. * Promoting Zombie Workshop
* Member skills survey
Amazon Smile status (Brian) - COMPLETED
Payment dropbox (Brian) - Ready to Order cost is $27. (VOTE, 6 Yea, 0 Nay)
- Need New Hosts:
Mon - Russel Tues - Josh/David Wed - Matthew/Rachel (wont be open until 7) Thurs - Rick Fri - OPEN
- Expansion -
Build Out plan and vote will be next month
- Laser Cutter Computer Upgrade
Need Power Supply, Matthew will look up. Need Video Card, Josh will try to find one.
- Matthew Hinton - Has a one-off soldering job, needs to swap a motherboard on a hard drive. Needs education or assistance.
- Matthew Hinton - Donating Dewalt NiCad charger and Large Kreg Jig Kit.
New grinder - Rick will bring his in
Bigger laser cutter - requires electrical upgrade
Air assist tube for old laser cutter – repaired
Quiet spindle for ShapeOko - all agreed to chip in some money for this
Oscilliscope - needs 2 chips
Clamps (Quick Grip or pipe clamps)
Power strips (high amp for power tools)
Active USB extenders (Rick)
Air filter for AC</s>
More extension cords - make them look unique to separate from DBP
Filter for ShopVac - 90304----
ShopVac Hose and Cylcone separator with bucket. Russell has the cyclone, Rick has the hose.</s>
Dust Collection system
Arduino sensor kit
parts for the t shirt press
Sanding blocks (plural)
new/more rulers squares
old mac with adobe software to work with laser (circa ~2002)
better/newer video card for laser dell
kreg jig ---
Countersink drill bits
More drill bits
Gulf Coast Code Camp - 9/30
Questcon: 10/20-22 convention center
10/13 Art Walk
Zombie Workshop 10/14 -
Mini-Maker Faire - 11/11
Drone racing event: 12/2 or 12/9
Next Meeting: 10/28 11AM
Meeting Closed 1:17PM