- Meeting Date: September 14th
- time: 11:00 a.m. / closed: 12:07 p.m.
- Meeting Location: 805 Church Street
- Note: Some moving to be done starting at 1 p.m.; this was decided against due to not having insurance at new location. See below.
Meeting Opened at 11:00 by MJH (09/14/2019)
- David Leard
- Matthew and Jamie
- John Dalen
What have you accomplished since the last meeting.
- President - Rick
- Signed the lease and handed over the checks for deposit and first months rent.
- Attended another business social event with SWMCC. Handed out business cards.
- Attended a business social event with Blue Fish. Handed out business cards and flyers. Working on getting is set up on mobileal.com business directory and interviewed on a podcast.
- Interviewed with South Magazine for an article on the Makerspace. They came by during artwalk for a photo shoot. The article should be published in the November edition.
- Worked on 3D printer for the library. Needs a new hot end.
- Maintained and added new posts to Facebook, Meetup, and our web page.
- Hosted Friday nights, including artwalk.*Artwalk (9/13): Signed up a family during artwalk.
- Vice President - Josh
- Got lights working on big CNC
- bed leveling being planned
- marketing on instagram; ollie worked w/ him.
- Thursday night numbers: not so much
- No one in position
- MH taking this meeting minutes
*Treasurer - Not present; Brian sent via email the following fiancial report. This covers August and Sept. 2019
- Wednesday night numbers: 1. Brian Carr stopped by due to lumberyard referral.
- Membership Numbers report
- Total headcount: 17
- Associate: 6
- Couples (defined as full plus spouse): 3 couple / 6 people
- Full: 5
- Question: Any word from Amy Bustin or the Levens couple ?
- September (As 9/13)
- Associate: 4
- Couples (defined as full plus spouse): couple / people
- Full: 4
- Question: Lucius and Oliver paying 50. Thanks; key at new place?
Host and Volunteer reports
Marketing : Karen
- Asked membership goal. 60 people is the goal
- Previous meeting minutes here:
- New location status
- Q: Can we make the Oct. 1 deadline ? [MH]
- A: Not discussed. I infer from below plan that it's do-able. [MH]
- Logistics/Moving plan
- Who: Everybody
- When: Saturday, Sept. 28th
- Start time: 7 a.m.
- How: Everyone meet at old location. Then help move to new location
- Moving vehicles:
- John Dalen Truck and trailer.
- Yancey: Can borrow truck?
- Russell: trailblazer and 8 ft trailer.
- Rick: SUV.
- David Leard: His truck. He offered to pull the DBP trailer.
- People: 9 people available to help
- Rick will be at new location
- Josh will be at old location
- Other topics
- dust collection discussed.
- air compressor and piping. Rick will temp. donate his until a permanent is found
- We do not have a floor plan yet as where stuff goes at new location.
- Side topics:
- U-Haul will donate a trailer for a non-profit.
- DBP offered their trailer.
- IF we do not insurance, we will not operate.
- Q: financial situational
- A: we are “dead in water” come January with current bank account.
Set up a go fund me for move[Josh, Brian and Karin]
- Access to new space.
- Short term: Keys. Josh, Rick and Brian.
- Mid-term: Access control by Russell. Badging in or out. Keep a record of swipes. It needs to be fire code compliant. Russell he would need to cut into door frame.
- Camera system
- MOBILE MAKERSPACE will be closed from 20th until moved date.
- Dirty shop/room is defined as the one with the paint booth
- Clean shop/room is defined as the one without.
- we can paint inside new location
- Open house: concerns about having insurance. MAYBE 1st weekend in November
- Not discussed; moving is more pressing topic.
This area is to list tasks to be done by somebody by given date
*To-do: *Insurance for new location. We need 2 million liability for new location. Milsap as an agency. Check with current insurance people. Deadline ASAP [RG] *Paint spray booth information/maunal is missing. Contact former occupants.[Josh and Kat] *Home Depot – ask them for charitable donation. Need tax ID. Do this online [???] *Lowe – ask them for charitable donation. Need tax ID. [??] *Corporate contacts [Yancey, Kat] *Harbor Freight? *Northern Tool *Call Bucannen lumber -thank you for send Brian Carr over[MH] *Set up a go fund me for mobile makerspace. [Josh, Brian and Karin] *Note: they need materials documenting member accomplishments
*Next Meeting: OCT 5 at 11 a.m. 805 church street. *Next Artwalk: Friday, Oct. 11 (confirm this is second friday)