- Meeting Opened at 11:00 by Rick Green (8/8/2020)
- Remote meeting via Jitsi.
- Member attendance: Rick Green, Westley Green, Bruce Marr, Barbara Kelly, Daryll Faulkner*, Brian Wright, Rachel Bothe (Visitor)
What have you accomplished since the last meeting?
- President - Rick Green
Sick and in quarantine through July 8, but I recovered and am now negative for the virus. Continue to attend weekly online meetings with NoM. Was a guest speaker for Joel Leodard at a virtual Maker Faire session. Continue to host on Friday nights - also covered for Matthew on a Wednesday night and came in on a Thursday for a pickup of face shields. Continue to maintain the 3D printers making face shields and communicating with the library.
- Vice-president - Kat Steel
- Treasurer - Brian Wright
- Gross Income July: $1060.63
- Expenses: $2607.81
- Net income: -$1547.28
- Balance: $12,683.36
- Operating Balance: $9982.67
- Link to report: Finance Report July 2020
- Membership - NA
- Members in good standing: 24
- Members with late dues < 2 mo: 4
- Members with late dues > 2mo: 1
- Link to report: Membership Report July 2020
- Marketing - NA
- Slack: 101 members
- Facebook page: 788 followers
- Facebook group: 308 members
- Meetup: 687 followers
- Instagram: 958 followers
- Google stats this month:
- 445 views
- 358 searches
- 32 website visits
- Previous meeting minutes here: Member_meeting_7/11/2020
- New members to get keyfobs: Bruce Marr
- Future events planning
- Movie night: Need ideas for old SciFi movies.
- New members needed. Need a membership drive.
- Covid Survivor t-shirts
- Contact members that have been inactive
- Contacts from social media - Facebook, Meetup, Instagram, Reddit
- New funding ideas needed
- Any updates from Westley on connection to rotary clubs? Mobile rotary has an extensive website.
- Selling items online, Artwalk is now virtual
- Kimberly Brown has volunteered to work on grant writing for us. She is attending a workshop this morning on grant writing.
- Equipment inventory needed - Bruce to look into a system for this using a web based program
- Movie night: Need ideas for old SciFi movies.
- New equipment/supplies this month
- AnaJet has been repaired and delivered back
- SawStop has a new brake and blade installed
- Equipment wish list
- Drill bits for metal
- Machine tool (Ray Lamb?) Needs a stand built.
- Welding equipment - Bruce has a Lincoln welder and will bring it in.
- Rick Baskin was going to contact Lincoln Electric
- Foundry (Casting liquid metal) (Kat/Westley)
- Westley to bring in a Big Green Egg. Need some help getting it to the space. No gas burner - coal only.
- Forge (knife making, aluminum casting) (Kat/Westley)
- Ceramics/pottery - Westley is very interested.
- Need tongs, hammers, safety equipment (gloves, face shields) Westley has a crucible, firebrick, blower/ductwork, fuel(charcoal), consumables
- Kat will be in charge of safety and training of all metal working equipment
- Plumbing for air compressor (Rick Baskin)
- Duct-work for dust collector to woodworking equipment (Rick Baskin)
- Sand-blasting cabinet (Rick Baskin)
- Ductwork for downdraft sanding table - May be able to repurpose the one from the recalled sliding radial arm saw?
- In need of service/repair/parts
- Old MakerBot printer. The stepper cables between the motherboard and the extruders need replacing (at minimum).
- Vacuum Forming machines in the closet - Update from Kat?
- AnaJet DTG is setup and working. Evan has been testing it out. Still need to work out the logistics for membership usage.
- SawStop has a new brake and blade installed. It is back in service.
- In progress
- Downdraft sanding tables being built by Westley Green
- Project Ideas
- Lego table
- Small airbrush station in clean room (using existing exhaust duct and blower)
- Growroom - https://space10.com/space10-open-sources-the-growroom/
- Potentially talk with HOA's about this in a common space in neighborhoods/apartments.
- Community garden on Dauphin street.
- Floating table/planter (tensegrity table) can be made from scrap wood(https://www.homemadetools.net/forum/floating-table-looks-like-magic-how-possible-part1-79914)
- 3D printed lithophanes from photographs. Rick has test printed one on the Z18.
- More Izzy Swan tables - Rick and Westley to consider building a new demo model, perhaps using it as a woodworking workshop.
- Magic Mirror (https://magicmirror.builders/)
- Workshop planning and ideas
- Plan to resume arduino workshops
- Plan to resume 3D printing group. Robert Bean from Daphne is interested in getting it started (found on Meetup). Check with Bruce on a meeting room in Daphne.
- Simple woodwork shops. Bruce and Westley can give these woodworking shops.
- BEST robotics are going virtual this year. We may be able to participate in some of this through Brian Wright. Check with Flightworks.
- Meeting next month September 5th
Meeting adjourned: 12:39pm