Open main menu

Opening remarks

  • Meeting Opened at 11:00 by Rick Green (8/8/2020)
  • Remote meeting via Jitsi.
  • Member attendance: Rick Green, Westley Green, Bruce Marr, Barbara Kelly, Daryll Faulkner*, Brian Wright, Rachel Bothe (Visitor)

Officer reports

What have you accomplished since the last meeting?

  • President - Rick Green

Sick and in quarantine through July 8, but I recovered and am now negative for the virus. Continue to attend weekly online meetings with NoM. Was a guest speaker for Joel Leodard at a virtual Maker Faire session. Continue to host on Friday nights - also covered for Matthew on a Wednesday night and came in on a Thursday for a pickup of face shields. Continue to maintain the 3D printers making face shields and communicating with the library.

  • Vice-president - Kat Steel
  • Treasurer - Brian Wright
    • Gross Income July: $1060.63
    • Expenses: $2607.81
    • Net income: -$1547.28
    • Balance: $12,683.36
    • Operating Balance: $9982.67
    • Link to report: Finance Report July 2020
  • Membership - NA
    • Members in good standing: 24
    • Members with late dues < 2 mo: 4
    • Members with late dues > 2mo: 1
    • Link to report: Membership Report July 2020
  • Marketing - NA
    • Slack: 101 members
    • Facebook page: 788 followers
    • Facebook group: 308 members
    • Meetup: 687 followers
    • Instagram: 958 followers
    • Google stats this month:
      • 445 views
      • 358 searches
      • 32 website visits

Old Business

New Business

  • New members to get keyfobs: Bruce Marr
  • Future events planning
    • Movie night: Need ideas for old SciFi movies.
      • Stargate
      • Firefly
    • New members needed. Need a membership drive.
      • Covid Survivor t-shirts
      • Contact members that have been inactive
      • Contacts from social media - Facebook, Meetup, Instagram, Reddit
    • New funding ideas needed
      • Any updates from Westley on connection to rotary clubs? Mobile rotary has an extensive website.
      • Selling items online, Artwalk is now virtual
      • Kimberly Brown has volunteered to work on grant writing for us. She is attending a workshop this morning on grant writing.
    • Equipment inventory needed - Bruce to look into a system for this using a web based program

Equipment/supplies

  • New equipment/supplies this month
    • AnaJet has been repaired and delivered back
    • SawStop has a new brake and blade installed
  • Equipment wish list
    • Drill bits for metal
    • Machine tool (Ray Lamb?) Needs a stand built.
    • Welding equipment - Bruce has a Lincoln welder and will bring it in.
      • Rick Baskin was going to contact Lincoln Electric
    • Foundry (Casting liquid metal) (Kat/Westley)
      • Westley to bring in a Big Green Egg. Need some help getting it to the space. No gas burner - coal only.
    • Forge (knife making, aluminum casting) (Kat/Westley)
    • Ceramics/pottery - Westley is very interested.
      • Need tongs, hammers, safety equipment (gloves, face shields) Westley has a crucible, firebrick, blower/ductwork, fuel(charcoal), consumables
      • Kat will be in charge of safety and training of all metal working equipment
    • Plumbing for air compressor (Rick Baskin)
    • Duct-work for dust collector to woodworking equipment (Rick Baskin)
    • Sand-blasting cabinet (Rick Baskin)
    • Ductwork for downdraft sanding table - May be able to repurpose the one from the recalled sliding radial arm saw?
  • In need of service/repair/parts
    • Old MakerBot printer. The stepper cables between the motherboard and the extruders need replacing (at minimum).
  • Other
    • Vacuum Forming machines in the closet - Update from Kat?

Project status

  • Completed
    • AnaJet DTG is setup and working. Evan has been testing it out. Still need to work out the logistics for membership usage.
    • SawStop has a new brake and blade installed. It is back in service.
  • In progress
    • Downdraft sanding tables being built by Westley Green
  • Workshop planning and ideas
    • Plan to resume arduino workshops
    • Plan to resume 3D printing group. Robert Bean from Daphne is interested in getting it started (found on Meetup). Check with Bruce on a meeting room in Daphne.
    • Simple woodwork shops. Bruce and Westley can give these woodworking shops.
    • BEST robotics are going virtual this year. We may be able to participate in some of this through Brian Wright. Check with Flightworks.

Closing

  • Meeting next month September 5th

Meeting adjourned: 12:39pm