- Meeting Opened at 11:00 by Rick Green (7/11/2020)
- Remote meeting via Jitsi.
- Member attendance: Rick Green, Brian Wright, Ray Lamb, Westley Green
What have you accomplished since the last meeting?
- President - Rick Green
Sick and in quarantine from June 21 through July 8. Received new family membership from the Brown family (we have been friends/coworkers for many years). Kimberly Brown has volunteered to work on Grants for us. Met with a prospective new member that is moving to Mobile next month (James). Installed the projector screen, projector, and almost all of the surround sound speakers before getting sick. Re-arranged the clean room. Attend weekly online meetings with NoM.
- Vice-president - Kat Steel (NA)
- Treasurer - Brian Wright
- Gross Income June: $1492.83
- Expenses: $2525.28
- Net income -$1032.45
- Balance: $14,331.11
- Operating Balance: $10,577.39
- Link to report: File:Makerspace_Accounting_Breakdown_2020-07-11.pdf
- Previous meeting minutes here: Member_meeting_6/6/20
- New members to get keyfobs: Dan Brown
- Future events planning
- Movie night: Need ideas for old SciFi movies.
- New members needed
- New funding ideas needed
- Connect with Rotary clubs (Westley to reach out), Lions club (Rick will reach out)
- Westley found a web site for Mobile rotary clubs
- Selling items online, Artwalk
- Equipment inventory needed
- New equipment/supplies this month
- Sanding supplies
- Computer monitor (LCD)
- Equipment wish list
- Drill bits for metal
- Machine tool (Ray Lamb?) Needs a stand built. Check with David Leard to help build it.
- Welding equipment (Rick Baskin - Lincoln Electric)
- Foundry (Casting liquid metal) (Kat/Westley) Westley to bring in a Big Green Egg. Need some help getting it to the space. No gas burner - coal only.
- Forge (knife making, aluminum casting) (Kat/Westley)
- Need tongs, hammers, safety equipment (gloves, face shields) Westley has a crucible, firebrick, blower/ductwork, fuel(charcoal), consumables
- Kat will be in charge of safety and training of all metal working equipment
- Plumbing for air compressor (Rick Baskin)
- Duct-work for dust collector to woodworking equipment (Rick Baskin)
- Sand-blasting cabinet (Rick Baskin)
- Ductowrk for downdraft sanding table
- In need of service/repair/parts
- SawStop activated. New brake and blade are on order
- Old MakerBot printer. The stepper cables between the motherboard and the extruders need replacing (at minimum).
- Vacuum Forming machines in the closet - Update from Kat?
- In progress
- AnaJet DTG printer being shipped back to us now
- Downdraft sanding tables being built by Westley Green
- Lego table
- Airbrush station in clean room
- Growroom - https://space10.com/space10-open-sources-the-growroom/
- Potentially talk with HOA's about this in a common space in neighborhoods/apartments.
- Community garden on Dauphin street.
- Floating table/planter can be made from scrap wood(https://www.homemadetools.net/forum/floating-table-looks-like-magic-how-possible-part1-79914)
- More Izzy Swan tables - Rick and Westley to consider building a new demo model, perhaps using it as a woodworking workshop.
- Meeting next month August 8th
Meeting adjourned: 11:32am