Meeting Opened at 11:10 by Rick Green (6/6/2020)
Member attendance: Visitors:
What have you accomplished since the last meeting?
- President - Rick Green
- Maintained hosting on Friday nights.
- Received donation of new 3D printer and worked to get it running.
- Continued printing face shields and keeping the printers maintained.
- Worked on getting the 3D scanner working
- Donated new TV - 40" 1080p LCD. Hung in on the back wall to replace the old one.
- Vice President - Kat Steel
- Giving 1-on-1 training as needed on Laser cutter
- Secretary - NA
- Treasurer - Brian Wright
- Gross income:
- Gross expense:
- Net income:
- Current Balance:
- Operating expense – liabilities:
- Financial report link:
- Membership - handled by Brian Wright
- Numbers report
- Family add-on:
- Follow-ups needed
- Clara Brunk visited during the last business meeting. She is a member of Mobile Arts Association. Rick to send her email address to Kat for follow-up.
- Guest that came in with Ray Lamb.
- Dylan Brown visited with his family Friday night 6/5. Interested in building computers.
- Return of James Woods
- New members to receive key-fobs this month
- Westley Green
- Timothy Byrd
- Numbers report
- Marketing - NA
- Social Media report
- Facebook: Rick Green is posting pictures and updates. Rick and Kat are replying to posts.
- Google: Rick Green and Smith Wyckoff are updating and receiving reports
- Instagram: Kat tags the Makerspace when posting.
- Web site: Rick Green and Smith Wyckoff are updating and receiving reports
- Cash donations received
- PayPal Giving fund $
- Amazon Smile $
- Facebook fund $
- GoFundMe $100 (Balance: $1225)
- PayPal donation from Azalea facemask group $150
- Social Media report
Host and Volunteer reports
- Any issues
- Monday night numbers: 1 - 2
- Tuesday night numbers: 1 at most
- Wednesday night numbers: 1 - 2
- Thursday night numbers: Is anyone hosting?
- Friday night numbers: 3 - 5
- Weekend numbers: 3 - 5
- Previous meeting minutes here:
- Matthew recommended making YouTube videos to introduce our equipment. Any updates?
- Kat can possibly on Tuesday night create a video on printing a Facemask (downloading file, slicing, copying to SD card, selecting print, printing, timelapse, removing print.
- Kat suggested some others. Need to write quick scripts.
- Future events planning
- Independence Day: July 4th. BBQ at MakerSpace. Invite local government, SWMCC members.
- Movie night: Need ideas for old SciFi movies. Need speaker wire for surround sound. Might have to wait until after COVID-19.
- New members needed
- New funding ideas needed
- Connect with Rotary clubs (Westley to reach out), Lions club (Rick will reach out)
- Selling items online, Artwalk
- Equipment inventory needed
- New equipment/supplies this month
- MakerBot Replicator Z18 with 12 spools of PLA donated by Courtney Brett - need to get a valuation donation form her.
- LG 40" 1080p LCD TV donated by Rick Green
- 5 Lenovo Thinkpad laptops donated by Rick Green (T420, T410s). Need to be wiped/re-imaged.
- Craftsman Radial Arm Saw donated by Ray Lamb - this one has proper safety shield unlike the last one that was donated.
- Heat press by Evan Riddle (on loan?)
- Ream of copy paper for the laser printer donated by Rick Green. It is in the top drawer of the wooden end table that is under the large table by the entrance.
- Folding wagon brought in by Rick Green
- Equipment wish list
- Drill bits for metal
- Machine tool (Ray Lamb?)
- Welding equipment (Rick Baskin - Lincoln Electric)
- Foundry (Casting liquid metal) (Kat/Westley) Westley to bring in a Big Green Egg
- Forge (knife making, aluminum casting) (Kat/Westley)
- Need tongs, hammers, safety equipment (gloves, face shields) Westley has a crucible, firebrick, blower/ductwork, fuel(charcoal) , consumables
- Kat will be in charge of safety and training of all metal working equipment
- Plumbing for air compressor (Rick Baskin)
- Duct-work for dust collector to woodworking equipment (Rick Baskin)
- Sand-blasting cabinet (Rick Baskin)
- In need of service/repair/parts
- Old MakerBot printer. The stepper cables between the motherboard and the extruders need replacing (at minimum).
- Vacuum Forming machines in the closet - can someone take a look at these? Kat will look at these
- In progress
- AnaJet DTG printer is making progress. Was able to print a few shirts before running into problems with fragile ink tubes. They really need replacing. Buffers and filter/check valves are on order for the white cartridges. Still need to work out the maintenance and consumables costs for this unit so we can charge for its use when it is ready.
- Downdraft sanding tables being built by Westley Green
- NAS/File server for members (Rick Green and -maybe- Dylan Brown)
- Lego table
- Airbrush station in clean room
- Growroom - https://space10.com/space10-open-sources-the-growroom/
- Potentially talk with HOA's about this in a common space in neighborhoods/apartments.
- Community garden on Dauphin street.
- Floating table/planter can be made from scrap wood (https://www.homemadetools.net/forum/floating-table-looks-like-magic-how-possible-part1-79914)
- More Izzy Swan tables - Rick and Westley to consider building a new demo model, perhaps using it as a woodworking workshop.
- Meeting next month July 4th
Meeting adjourned 12:20pm