Meeting Opened at 12:15pm by Rick Green (5/9/2020)
Attendance: Rick, Russell, Daryl, Kat, Matthew, Jaime
Visitors: Clara Brunk
What have you accomplished since the last meeting
- President - Rick Green
- Gave several tours to visitors outside normal hours.
- Worked to maintain 3D printers for face shields
- Rebuilt the Cameo Silhouette that was brought in by Evan Riddle
- Collaborated with other organizations to help with the COVID-19 pandemic. This has resulted in 2 new memberships, as well as some news coverage.
- Destin Sandlin from Smarter Every Day and uabfightscovid.com to distribute nearly 6,000 face shields through the Makerspace
- Azalea City Threads of Hope - supplying 3D printed face shields for local emergency care workers
- Matthew Reichert, USA Chemistry professor working with USA Health and Airbus
- Friday night numbers: very low, 2 or 3 due to the pandemic
- Vice President - Kat Steel
- Teaching using the laser
- Covering on Tuesday and Thursday night
- Thursday night numbers: 2 typically
- Secretary - Matthew Resigned, but hosting on Monday and Wednesday
- Monday night numbers - not been hosting
- Wednesday nights - Only 1 member
- Treasurer - Brian Wright
- Gross income: $598.11
- Gross expense: $2474.90
- Net income: -$1876.79
- Current Balance: $15,577.69
- Operating expense – liabilities: $13,102.79
- Financial report
- link here: Financial Report April 2020
- Membership -
- Numbers report
- Associate: 1
- Full (in good standing): 14
- Full+Spouse (in good standing): 3
- Full (late): 2
- Retired: 1
Host and Volunteer reports
- Tuesday numbers: 1-2 on average
- Friday numbers: 2-3 on average
- Laser cutter requires an online account - transfer account to President
- Monday and Wednesday night numbers are down, typically 1 person. Request Monday night hosting set by request only - set up a link on the web site.
- Marketing -
- Future Events planning
- Kat wants to start a GlowForge workshop. Wants a table at Artwalk to show/sell items made at the Makerspace. Jordan mentioned this, as well.
- Matthew recommended making Youtube videos to introduce our equipment.
- Mobicon postponed - no date set yet. Reach out to more cons.
- International fest - November 20th
- Mobile Arts Association - Clara is a member
- Next Meeting: June 6th, 2020 11am at the Makerspace