Open main menu

Opening remarks

Meeting Opened by Rick Green on 4/17/2021 11:00am

Member attendance: Rick, Brian

Visitor attendance: Garrick Ogburn

Officer reports

What have you accomplished since the last meeting

  • President - Rick Green
    • Hosting on Friday nights (except Good Friday).
    • Participated in Artwalk and Demo day.
    • Conducted the first 3D printing workshop
  • Vice President - Kat Steel
  • Secretary - NA
    • test text
    • test text
  • Treasurer - Brian Wright
    • Gross income:
    • Gross expense:
    • Net income:
    • Current Balance: $4876.67
    • Operating expense – liabilities: $2236.75
    • Financial report link here:
  • Membership -
    • Numbers report -
    • Total: 35 active memberships.

Host and Volunteer reports

  • Hosts
    • Thursday (Ray): 2 - 4
    • Wednesday night (Matthew): 0 - 5
    • Any issues ?
  • Marketing -
    • Brian has been posting on Instagram and targeted ads on Facebook. Rick is posting on Facebook, Meetup, Reddit and the Web site.
    • Hosts - send photos to Brian to post online.
    • Kat is planning CNC workshop in May.
    • Rick is planning an Arduino workshop in April. Will now have to wait until after the semester is over, so probably May/June.

Old Business

  • Previous meeting minutes here:
  • Artwalk for April had a lot of people, but most of them were there to socialize due to the lifting of the mask restrictions. No one from Artwalk showed up at Demo day on Saturday.
  • We had our first demo day (Saturday after Artwalk). Thanks to Brian for bringing donuts.
  • Landlord has yet to install the promised floodlight out front. Some items have been removed from the parking lot.
  • Need to re-arrange the dirty room. Trying to get Josh to help Ray with this.
  • Need a planning committee for the metal working shop. Ray and David volunteered, and Kat will work with them. Need an update.
  • 3D Printing workgroup started last month. Fairly good turnout.
  • First Saturday of the month was set as workshop day.

New Business

  • New members to be voted in:
    • Garry Patterson
  • Future Events planning
    • 3D Printing workgroup - second meeting is today!
    • Need more workshops to plan and put on the events calendar. Are there any nights or weekends that can be dedicated to a particular topic?
  • New workshop and class ideas
    • Inkscape class. Used for vinyl cutters, embroidery machine, CNC machine, and laser cutter.
    • TinkerCAD class for beginners. FreeCAD, OpenSCAD, Blender, and/or Fusion 360 classes for intermediate and advanced. Used for 3D printing.
    • Embroidery class.
    • Sewing class
    • Vinyl cutting class (Cameo and Roland)
    • Screenprinting class
    • Wood turning, box making, dove tail joint


  • New equipment this month
    • ShapeOko 3 large format CNC. Needs to be assembled and tested.
    • Welding machine cart
  • Keurig coffee maker and a box of K-Cups
  • A pair of solar powered flood lights with motion detection. Needs to be installed.
  • Cutting mats for the Cameo vinyl cutters. Includes a 3 pack of 12x12 and a 3 pack of 12x24.
  • Equipment wish list
    • New jointer would be nice. The Delta has been adjusted.
    • Foundry (Casting liquid metal) (Kat/Westley)
      • Westley to bring in a Big Green Egg. Need some help getting it to the space. No gas burner - coal only.
    • Forge (knife making, aluminum casting) (Kat/Westley)
    • Ceramics/pottery - Westley is very interested.
      • Need tongs, hammers, safety equipment (gloves, face shields) Westley has a crucible, firebrick, blower/ductwork, fuel(charcoal), consumables
      • Kat will be in charge of safety and training of all metal working equipment
    • Plumbing for air compressor (Rick Baskin)
    • Sand-blasting cabinet (Rick Baskin)
    • Ductwork for downdraft sanding table - May be able to repurpose the one from the recalled sliding radial arm saw?
    • 3D Scanner. Could possibly use the Kinect.
    • Industrial sewing machine. Ethel is working on getting one.
  • In need of service/repair/parts
    • Old MakerBot printer. The stepper cables between the motherboard and the extruders need replacing (at minimum).
    • Wacom screen has died. Appears to be the backlight. Looking into a repair.
    • Planer stopped running. Matthew and Greg are working on it.
    • ShopSmith is being repaired by Ray.
  • Back in service
    • The metal bandsaw is back in service after having a bearing replaced. Thanks Ray!
  • Next Meeting: May 15th 11am.

Meeting adjourned 12:00pm