Meeting Opened by Rick Green on 4/17/2021 11:00am
Member attendance: Rick, Brian
Visitor attendance: Garrick Ogburn
What have you accomplished since the last meeting
- President - Rick Green
- Hosting on Friday nights (except Good Friday).
- Participated in Artwalk and Demo day.
- Conducted the first 3D printing workshop
- Vice President - Kat Steel
- Secretary - NA
- test text
- test text
- Treasurer - Brian Wright
- Gross income:
- Gross expense:
- Net income:
- Current Balance: $4876.67
- Operating expense – liabilities: $2236.75
- Financial report link here:
- Membership -
- Numbers report -
- Total: 35 active memberships.
Host and Volunteer reports
- Thursday (Ray): 2 - 4
- Wednesday night (Matthew): 0 - 5
- Any issues ?
- Marketing -
- Brian has been posting on Instagram and targeted ads on Facebook. Rick is posting on Facebook, Meetup, Reddit and the Web site.
- Hosts - send photos to Brian to post online.
- Kat is planning CNC workshop in May.
- Rick is planning an Arduino workshop in April. Will now have to wait until after the semester is over, so probably May/June.
- Previous meeting minutes here: http://makerspacemobile.org/wiki/index.php/Member_meeting_3/20/2021
- Artwalk for April had a lot of people, but most of them were there to socialize due to the lifting of the mask restrictions. No one from Artwalk showed up at Demo day on Saturday.
- We had our first demo day (Saturday after Artwalk). Thanks to Brian for bringing donuts.
- Landlord has yet to install the promised floodlight out front. Some items have been removed from the parking lot.
- Need to re-arrange the dirty room. Trying to get Josh to help Ray with this.
- Need a planning committee for the metal working shop. Ray and David volunteered, and Kat will work with them. Need an update.
- 3D Printing workgroup started last month. Fairly good turnout.
- First Saturday of the month was set as workshop day.
- New members to be voted in:
- Garry Patterson
- Future Events planning
- 3D Printing workgroup - second meeting is today!
- Need more workshops to plan and put on the events calendar. Are there any nights or weekends that can be dedicated to a particular topic?
- New workshop and class ideas
- Inkscape class. Used for vinyl cutters, embroidery machine, CNC machine, and laser cutter.
- TinkerCAD class for beginners. FreeCAD, OpenSCAD, Blender, and/or Fusion 360 classes for intermediate and advanced. Used for 3D printing.
- Embroidery class.
- Sewing class
- Vinyl cutting class (Cameo and Roland)
- Screenprinting class
- Wood turning, box making, dove tail joint
- New equipment this month
- ShapeOko 3 large format CNC. Needs to be assembled and tested.
- Welding machine cart
- Keurig coffee maker and a box of K-Cups
- A pair of solar powered flood lights with motion detection. Needs to be installed.
- Cutting mats for the Cameo vinyl cutters. Includes a 3 pack of 12x12 and a 3 pack of 12x24.
- Equipment wish list
- New jointer would be nice. The Delta has been adjusted.
- Foundry (Casting liquid metal) (Kat/Westley)
- Westley to bring in a Big Green Egg. Need some help getting it to the space. No gas burner - coal only.
- Forge (knife making, aluminum casting) (Kat/Westley)
- Ceramics/pottery - Westley is very interested.
- Need tongs, hammers, safety equipment (gloves, face shields) Westley has a crucible, firebrick, blower/ductwork, fuel(charcoal), consumables
- Kat will be in charge of safety and training of all metal working equipment
- Plumbing for air compressor (Rick Baskin)
- Sand-blasting cabinet (Rick Baskin)
- Ductwork for downdraft sanding table - May be able to repurpose the one from the recalled sliding radial arm saw?
- 3D Scanner. Could possibly use the Kinect.
- Industrial sewing machine. Ethel is working on getting one.
- In need of service/repair/parts
- Old MakerBot printer. The stepper cables between the motherboard and the extruders need replacing (at minimum).
- Wacom screen has died. Appears to be the backlight. Looking into a repair.
- Planer stopped running. Matthew and Greg are working on it.
- ShopSmith is being repaired by Ray.
- Back in service
- The metal bandsaw is back in service after having a bearing replaced. Thanks Ray!
- Next Meeting: May 15th 11am.
Meeting adjourned 12:00pm