Meeting Opened at 11:05 by MH (03/07/2020)
- Please give your name and a brief introduction. What do you like to make?
- Sarat Srini : woodworking interest.
- Richard Forman: started making cigar box guitars.
What have you accomplished since the last meeting
- President -
- Laser etcher work
- Friday night numbers: pretty busy. ex: 4 visitors plus 5 members last night
- Vice President -
- Josh not here
- Thursday night numbers:
- Secretary -
- Treasurer -
- Summarize: We are in the black. This is due to two large donations.
- Gross income:
- Gross expense:
- Net income:
- Current Balance:
- Operating expense – liabilities:
- Financial report
- link here: Makerspace_Accounting_Breakdown_2020-03-07.pdf
- Membership -
- Wednesday night host: 1-3 members
- Numbers report for FEB 2020 (as of 2/29)
- 18 memberships(s) paid / 3 not paid
- NOV 2019: 14
- DEC 2019: 13
- JAN 2020: 17 paid memberships
Host and Volunteer reports
- Monday: quiet; very rare.
- suggest: have theme nights this night
- one new: Steve M. joined. Machinist apprentice?
- Check that soldering iron is OFF when you leave.
- Rough attendence numbers
- Marketing -
- Karin:has been posting to FB.
- Kat Suggestion: If/When t-shirt machine working, print on it for roller derby mashup shirts
- Electrical estimate and status. As of MAR 2020: AL power would need to put in a transformer that supports this. They need a commitment in terms of equipment. Current estimate is around $1700. This assuming the three phase motor will work. Greg C. suggested installing a VFD. Electrician said no. As of JAN 17 : The exhaust motor for the paint booth is 3-phase, and the panel is not currently wired for 3-phase. We do have 3-phase available, BUT the power company needs to come out and connect it before we can wire it up in our panel. The electrician should have a quote to us early next week. This is the work to run the 230v for the air compressor, install a disconnect and connect the 3-phase power to the paint booth, and install a GFCI outlet for the dust collector.
- Thanks to Heartland Electric for looking into it.
- Rick: Will ask electric scooter folks if they have a need for three phase.
- Rick:install a 2 phase motor explosion proof into the paint booth.
- Decision: Install a 2 phase motor or VFD instead with a disconnect.
- Greg C, Rick and Yancey will present pro/con and cost next meeting?
- Metal shop suggestions
- Lathe: but no room for lathe. safety concern
- Plasma cutter is better than a welder. This is on a 9x9 table.
- Welder. cheaper
- BYLAWS. Did the B.O.D. address these two topics:
- The street address is wrong.
- Also, see the last page (page 12); I think they are expired?
- Reminder to add this to March agenda: Officer Elections need to be scheduled. Everyone think about positions.
- Previous meeting minutes here:
- Future Events planning
- Please see and update this document here. Link:
- Next Meeting: WHEN? WHAT TIME? WHERE?
- Raspberry Pi Month - March. March 14th is Pi day, and on a Saturday. Definitely have a workshop on the 14th. Bring Pie for maker munchies.
- Also start the 3D Printer SIG on third Saturday of next month
- RG will host an event at the Makerspace. Lots of Rasberry Pi demo's. Bring your pie. Next Saturday at 11 a.m. for a few hours.
- Kat will msg neighbbors
- Arduino April
- beginning: pick a saturday to teach people the very fundamentals arduino. show small CNC,.
- intermediate: demo of temp/humid board.
- advanced: demo electric vehicle. this at makerspace
- May - MobiCon May 22-24
- July - cookout for Saturday July 4th.
- 3D printing accessibility group with Daryl and Matthew
- SUGGESTION: Makerspace members read "project e-nable" website
- Innovation PortAL Startup Weekend April 3 - 5. They asked for a donation of 1 month membership for 1st place winner. Also, we will make the awards as we have in the past.
- Who, specifically, is going to make the awards? [MH]
- RG will use one at his work.
- New location status
- water leak
- side wall will fix itself
- MH: sandbags on back wall
- suggest: HD rents ladders. Also BlueRents. this to find roof leaks.
- laser etcher tube issue:
- Kat: Boss laser in Jax, FLA. She will contact Boss laser about helping a non-profit.
- RG will cal Rich (owner). He does not recommend repairing exsisiting
- RG: Glowforge for $3000 NEW. It has some advantages over exsisitng. Meets the needs. Con: needs an internet connection all the time.
- MH: Temp. laser etcher to help kickstarter to the one we want.
- MH to-do: contact epilog? Ebay/ CL
- Yancey: Epilog and Trotec.
- Anajet T-shirt printer status:
- Evan shipped off boards.
- RG: Talk to Evan review agreement for it's use. Users need to pay a fair amount over and above to print on t-shirt printer. Evan has to train people and be first priority. Written memo of understanding.
- status: parts are sent off for repair.
- radial arm saw: Kat will call money. part out the radial arm saw.
- MH: ask in woodworking about desired parts. Then MH will do ebay.
- cricket: drop-off. RG will lead the effort to hack it.
- Elections ???
- Rick Green nominates Kat for VP
- Josh/Yancee nominate Rick Green as President
- President Rick Green. voted in.
- VP: Kat Steel. One against; Voted in.
- Secretary: Matthew Hinton (RG and Kat). MH membership role/postion be defined better. Voted in as secretary.
- Treasurer: Brian W plans to step down as treasurer. No firm date. He's willing to continue as interim. Unanimous Vote.
- Next officer meeting defined these two:
- Membershp: MH sugested Yancey. Yancey has yet to agree.
- Change Maketing to Marketing co-ordinater
- New Officers election
- Bylaws will then reviewed
This area is to list tasks to be done by somebody by given date
*To-do: *Item 1
- Sat, April 4th at 11 a.m.
Meeting Closed at what time 12:55 p.m.