Meeting Opened at 11:10am by Rick Green (2/8/2020)
- Rick Green, Greg Christianson, Yansee, Brian Wright, Rick Baskin
- Matthew Hinton [MH]: I won't be at this meeting due to a prior commitment. Membership numbers below.
- Please give your name and a brief introduction. What do you like to make?
What have you accomplished since the last meeting
- President -
- We participated with LibCon with Greg, Yancee, Josh, Kat, Ollie, Matthew, Daryl, and Laura. Made several calls to Alabama Power to schedule the hookup of our 3-phase. Left several messages - no responses. Worked on the Pursa - ordered a new hot-end. Ordered cleaning solution and ink for the silk screen machine. Talked with Landlord about signage - we can discuss. Talked with Evan Riddle about membership and taking possession of a t-shirt printer.
- Friday night numbers: High is up to 10, but last night 2/7 was just myself due to Mardi Gras parades.
- Vice President -
- Made the cost estimates for the air plumbing and the dust collection system.
- Fixed the lockers
- Thursday night numbers: Averaging 2 - 3.
- Secretary -
- test text
- test text
- Treasurer -
- Gross income: 2454.00
- Gross expense: 2439.94
- Net income: 14.06
- Current Balance: 21250.80
- Operating expense – liabilities: 2482.04
- Financial report
- link here:
- Membership [MH]
- Month : # People that paid dues (associate, full, spouse)
- NOV 2019: 14
- DEC 2019: 13
- JAN 2020: (19) but as of today 22 are paid
- If you have not paid for January, please do so today!
Host and Volunteer reports
- I listed water issue below. [MH]
- Rough attendence numbers
- Marketing -
- test text
- test text
- Previous meeting minutes here:
- Electrical estimate and status. As of JAN 17 : The motor for the paint booth is 3-phase, and the panel is not currently wired for 3-phase. We do have 3-phase available, but the power company needs to come out and connect it before we can wire it up in our panel. The electrician should have a quote to us early next week. This is the work to run the 230v for the air compressor, install a disconnect and connect the 3-phase power to the paint booth, and install a GFCI outlet for the dust collector.
- Bylaws. Did the B.O.D. address these two topics:
- The address is wrong.
- Also, see the last page (page 12); I think they are expired?
- Reminder to add this to March agenda: Officer Elections need to be scheduled. Everyone think about positions.
- Future Events planning
- Please see and update the "2020 schedule" document here. What are we doing for the rest of this month and next month?
- Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AByNzKws4ZxcbTRZMlsr_oYx4k57OOZGY49RN8OGKVw/edit?usp=sharing
- Raspberry Pi Month - March. March 14th is Pi day, and on a Saturday. Definitely have a workshop on the 14th. Bring Pie for maker munchies. Also start the 3D Printer SIG.
- Arduino April - workshops
- May - MobiCon May 22-24
- July - cookout for Saturday July 4th.
- 3D printing accessibility group with Daryl and Matthew
- Innovation PortAL Startup Weekend April 3 - 5. They asked for a donation of 1 month membership for 1st place winner. Also, we will make the awards as we have in the past.
- Who, specifically, is going to make the awards? [MH]
- Location specific status
- Neighbors have asked us NOT to park inside the fenced area FEB 15. This to get their parade float in/out easier.
- WATER coming into building. See pic from Yancey uploaded into officer channel [MH]
- How do we plan to address ? [MH] Talking with Landlord about drainage issues that affect the entire building. Perhaps use Drylok for the walls and acrylic caulk for the roof.
- Other Topics
- Next Meeting: 3/7/2020 11am at the Makerspace?
Rick Green nominates Kat for VP Josh and Yancee nominate Rick Green as President
This area is to list tasks to be done by somebody by given date
*To-do: *Item 1
Next Meeting: WHEN? WHAT TIME? WHERE?
Meeting Closed at what time ?