Member meeting 10/5/2019
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Meeting Opened at 11:05 by MJH (10/5/2019)
- Scott Baders
- Josh R
What have you accomplished since the last meeting ?
- President -
- Vice President -
We've been moving!
- Secretary -
No one in position
- Treasurer -
- via email on 10/20/2019
- Our current operating budget, which is our current bottom line balance minus our expenses (currently Internet, Power and Rent) is: $2343.76
- However that is based on the latest Internet bill of 64.20 received in email, which may not reflect the installation at the new location (split into multiple payments).
- Link to report here: http://makerspacemobile.org/wiki/images/e/eb/Makerspace_Accounting_Breakdown_2019-10-20.pdf
- Wednesday night numbers: 1. Brian Carr stopped by due to lumberyard referral.
- Membership Numbers report
- September (As 9/13)
- Associate: 4
- Couples (defined as full plus spouse): couple / people
- Full: 4
- Question: Lucius and Oliver paying 50. Thanks; key at new place?
- Total headcount: 17
- Associate: 6
- Couples (defined as full plus spouse): 3 couple / 6 people
- Full: 5
- Question: Any word from Amy Bustin ?
Host and Volunteer reports
- Karen (?)
- test text
- test text
- Previous meeting minutes here:
- New location status
• What’s needed for this space to be open? • Closet • unpack boxes • Dirty room • Compressor • tools are somewhat accessible? • Doing work today to get them accessible. Organization. • Bring workbench (2x4) [MH] • Entry Floor • toilet drain by door. How to address? • Concrete patch over it; delay until RG discusses with landlord. • Clean room • Self-levelling concrete Friday (Oct. 11) by Matt and Jamie • vent for laser • Vent for 3d printers : Rick suggestion about dust filter would address this concern.
- Floor plan layout
• Discussion • Where to put compressor? There appears to be 220v near the compressor • J good with it • Yancey is good with layout. Suggestion: note ares that need addressed for future date. Frame cutter coming for dirty (3’ by 3’) • Rick – circle back • Richard: Material storage next to welding area concern. How to address? Tin wall dividng this space. • “. finish prep area: what would g here: workbench • actual layout in clean room • scott: aside: making telescopes. • Rick: floorplan not set in stone. he’ll spend most of his time clean room. Rick proposed him being shop manager of clean room. Voted on and approved. • James Woods • intro: serves in USMC reserve. Jack of trades. Worked in different construction trades. Lives in Vancleave, MS. Works for a general contractor. • MH • closet plan: long term plan. Is it storage for members, space only, both? • Nothing to be kept in paint booth. Yancey 20x20 filters ~$200 piece getting donated • lathe / locker conflicts • build a wall of lockers between metal working and material storage area (6’10” line on flor pan) • material secured of vertical lumber: 10 feet. Steel cable [MH / JR] • folding tables for classrom. • Floor plan: remarks • NOV artwalk/open house? • Access to community garden with power. Host Yancey and Nick nobles • Artwalk after party at makerspace • Fri,Nov. 8
- Keyholding procedure
• items: Russell keyless system has been ordered. We have 200 keyfobs. • Procedure: talk about who gets keyfob. • Current: • associate w/o key: $35/month: • Full w/ key: $50/month: • New way: • $50/ month is OK with those present. • Board will decide cost for membership. • New Membership procedure will be determined. • Yancey voted in per old verbal method.
This area is to list tasks to be done by somebody by given date
*Board todo’s *Board will decide cost for membership. *New Membership procedure will be determined. *Elections TBD? *Josh be pro-term sec at board meet * RG discusses with landlord. *internet *toilet drain near front door. Can we pour concrete over to cover? If not, then what? *newly installed A/C has a water drip *vent for laser etcher installation *Previous To-do: *DONE: Insurance for new location. We need 2 million liability for new location. Milsap as an agency. Check with current insurance people. Deadline ASAP [RG] *Paint spray booth information/maunal is missing. Contact former occupants.[Josh and Kat] *Home Depot – ask them for charitable donation. Need tax ID. Do this online [???] *Lowe – ask them for charitable donation. Need tax ID. [??] *Corporate contacts [Yancey, Kat] *Harbor Freight? *Northern Tool *Call Bucannen lumber -thank you for send Brian Carr over[MH] *Set up a go fund me for mobile makerspace. [Josh, Brian and Karin] *Note: they need materials documenting member accomplishments
- Next Meeting: Saturday, Nov 2 at 11 a.m.
- Meeting Closed 12:34 p.m.
- Note: due to personal reasons, MH was late in updating these meeting minutes.