Date: JAN 12, 2019
open at 11:00
Closed : 12:43
added Brian’s clarifications on his remarks at 1:17 pm.
- Ricky Greer: Makes lenses / Tinkerer. Monoprice Makerprice
- Tracy Screws: Realtor / Tinkerer.
- Tami Rary: teacher/ robotics at Scarborough
- started new job at USA
- He's been using meetup/FB/website
- do next: communicating w/ Matthew at city
- He bought new wood for Izzy Swan table top
- No to any roadblocks.
- plan to work on CNC
- z-axis wheels on CNC need attention. Suggestion to use threadlocker
- needs help leveling bed.
- Saw stop needs vacuum underneath. Rick will look at that. Add to maintenance plan.
- Not present
- 2018 report: To summarize, it's increasing.
- Started: $4,124.
- Ended balance: $11,204. (minus Gen. Dyn. Donation: 6,204.)
- Not present
- Took these meeting minutes
- Passed around thank you cards. MH will mail these to General Dynamics and Hollis family.
- 15 members as of JAN. 2.
- 4-5 associates / 9-10 Full
- Brian has 17 members on his spreadsheet.
- automate w/ zapier
- Can help Josh with leveling CNC bed
last meeting minutes I could find was SEP 2018. Nothing outstanding from there.
- Discuss Roomba donations. MH will sell one on Ebay. Proceeds will go into tool fund for more clamps, channel locks and vise grips
- Discuss and vote on what to do w/ Gen. Dynamic donation. Brian W. insist on setting aside six months worth of expenses. This is $3,000.
- These are the options that were mentioned:
- Buy a new Laser cutter
- We can not “brain transplant” or modify existing laser
- Rick mentioned Boss brand laser Model 1630: Boss Laser
- Expand current space
- expand upstairs.
- Brian : do a cost analysis. How much would we have paid per foot to renovate. Concerns about A/C.
- Rick: Get permission from delta bike project
- shipping container to turn into machine shop. Metalworking.
- zoning concerns [MH]
- Moving to a new location.
:This was set aside. More problems and questions than answers.
- Partner w/ another group to share space (Roller derby for example)
- Current rent is 400 for space. Covers electric and water.
- rick concern about cost of moving. Also, how to sustaining the rent of the new place.
- Help from city: We are not counting it. Maybe ask for help with permitting when times comes.
- Check on when our lease is up.
- Electronic billboard.
- Cost too much.
- Other new business
- Rostock upgrades. Last meeting it was decided to use tool fund money to buy an Autlolevel bed.
- SLA printer: Rick mention that someone talked about donating one ?
- Discuss lab hours for Mardi Gras: Feb. 15 – March 5. Cancel notice on website due to parades.
- Discussed Classes: 2019_Class_Schedule
- Related: Give Joel Leonard a tour. Partner w/ Lincoln Electric a tour
- Note:Brian asked members to take photos of their projects and send to Brian.
- Next quarterly meeting is April. April 6th same time and place.