Member Meeting 7/1/2023
From Makerspace Mobile Wiki
Meeting Opened at 11:00am by Rick Green 7/1/2023
- President - Thanks to everyone for showing up for cleaning day.
- Vice President - Not present
- Secretary - Doing meeting minutes
- Treasurer - See treasurer report. Received a $500 donation from Port City Craftsmen. Received $50 from Artwalk donations. Had $100 donation from Ray and John Delaughter. Thanks to Matthew for handling E-bay sales. Had 3 new members join in June. Power bill increased a lot due to weather. Based on current income level, projected deficit of $365 for July.
- Monday - A few members come by. No tours or visitors.
- Tuesday - 3 or 4 members each night and a few tours.
- Wednesday - 4 - 5 members average. Laignappe article was published. Renee with Azalea City Con (formerly Mobicon) asked about panelists and table. Discussed shop safety in the dirty shop due to the SawStop activation - brake was sent off for analysis. Added a tarp to the dirty shop roof where it is leaking.
- Thursday - James has been handling. Need a new Thursday person.
- Friday - Busiest night 5 - 10.
- Dust separator cart is being tested.
- Need to use Meetup more often and give access to Brian
- Post marketing ideas in Slack Marketing channel
- James is working on a Battleship game to put at the Battleship. Also working on other guerilla marketing ideas for the local area and Instagram.
- Rick is posting in the Mobile channel of Reddit
- Consider marketing in Fairhope. Possibly get a table at a craft show. Fishermans and Famers market in Fairhope, International festival
- The 360 selfie camera
- Dance circle for July Artwalk
- Reminder of the Projects channel in Slack
- Retro arcade game night
- 3D printed violin
Events coming up
- Artwalk 7/14
- Maker Social 7/15
- Hamfest 7/7-8
- Azalea City Con 7/15-16
- Next meeting August 5th 11am. Meeting closed 11:55am